In this article I’ll show you probably the best and most hardcore leg workout routine I’ve ever tried. If you go to the gym, you must NOT forget leg day. I’m telling you, you do not want to be the guy with huge upper body muscles and chicken legs.
Leg workouts are probably the most intense workouts of the week. That’s probably the reason why so many skip it. But if you want to be taken seriously by other lifters and if you don’t want to be made fun of, you need to start working on your legs ASAP.
The legs are accustomed to working all day. You’re always using your legs throughout the day. For that reason your leg workout routine needs to be f**kin’ INTENSE and HARDCORE. Only hard work in the gym will break down the muscle fibers in your legs and give them no other choice but to grow!
This leg workout routine is ONLY for experienced lifters!
Hardcore Leg Workout Routine:
Start with a proper warm up. Walk on the treadmill for a few minutes, then proceed to the squat rack and do a few light sets, build yourself up.
- Squats: 4 Sets: 8-12 reps
- Walking dumbbell lunges: 3 Sets: 20 steps (10 each leg)
- Leg press: 3 Sets: 10-12 reps
- Quad extensions: 3 Sets: 12-15 reps
- Lying leg curls: 3 Sets: 12-15 reps
- Standing barbell calf raises: 4 Sets: 10 reps
- Calf press: 3 Sets: 10 reps
- Now end your leg workout with going back to the squat rack, put about 30-40% of your max on the bar and squat down, 20 reps, 2 sets! This will guarantee maximum burn and muscle growth in your legs.
Random benefits from training legs:
- Increase your over all strength and power
- Increase flexibility
- Squats help to release more testosterone from your body, thus helping other muscles grow as well.
- Burns more fat than other workouts
- Strong legs help you lift more in the bench press
- You won’t be made fun of for having chicken legs
Friends do not let friends skip leg day!